December 10, 2009

Large Shell


I have to admit that drawing in this scale is one of the hardest things I have had to do for this class, so far. I didn't enjoy this project because I have a really hard time getting my contour drawings to read as three dimensional. I actually ended up doing my shell twice. The first time around, I did a view with lots of texture on top (the outside of the shell). The peaks seem to give me the most trouble. I never know which way to draw my contours so that they look as though they are coming off of the page at the viewer. The two ends of the shell are my strong point for the first one. In the second one, I chose a view of the inside of the shell and it seemed to work much better for me. I am pleased with the fluidity of the lines and the interesting perspective. It seems abstract for the view that I used, but it still reads as a shell. I have no idea what I am going to do for the second shell drawing since I had such a difficult time with the first one, and I have never worked with ink before, so that should be interesting as well.

I definitely need more work on my contours.

No comments:

Post a Comment