December 10, 2009

Amazing


I am SO pleased with the work that I have done this week. Faces, although tough, are my favorite thing to draw. So much emotion can be shown with the smallest details! I am excited that this week all of the different planes of each feature are coming out in my drawings, I FINALLY GET IT! It's about time. I think it helped that the face is something that I have studied and drawn frequently before entering this class. I noticed that my drawings have taken a more geometrical perspective now, with all of the plane shifting. It is interesting compared to my usual outline drawings. I have also been working on keeping my line weights lighter, using pencil and coming back in to darken parts with charcoal. I am looking forward to trying to put it all together next week, drawing the entire body as a whole with all limbs and features, but I am also scared. It has been so long since we have done the entire figure, I am afraid I will go back to my old habits! Next class period should be compelling for me and I hope I do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment