December 10, 2009

Feet


I have a really hard time drawing feet. This could be because I hate feet, and that it is something I have never focused on. During the gesture drawings I don't even have time to put them in and they always end up being more of an outline. One of the hardest things for me is seeing how the toes connect to the foot, especially since the pinky and second to last toe are connected to the heel while the other three toes are connected to the top part of the foot. The contour drawing I did of a foot has two major issues. First off, it is very flat because I started with an outline. Second it is hard to read because the line weight is all the same. Since the beginning of this class, that has been the biggest challenge for me. I tend to draw heavy and I am not confident with my lines, so the sketches are confusing and messy. The second foot contour went much better (shown above).


No comments:

Post a Comment