October 10, 2009

another reflection

After having class canceled last week, and then being sick Tuesday of this week, this post is going to be tough for me because I don't really have anything to say.

I am a little disappointed that we have only had our male model recently, because I was hoping to have even time with both to learn the difference between the male and female forms. However, all the time we have been spending with the man has allowed him to become much more comfortable being drawn and having the attention on him. Adding the ladder last class period to show the difference between a diagonal/straight line, and the human curves was extremely helpful. It was also beneficial for learning proportion.

Since I missed Tuesday, it was difficult to grasp the egg idea for the rib cage, until Amy came around and showed me how it worked. I am looking forward to learning more muscles because each one we build on our skeletons allows me more insight to what our bodies actually look like.

The one thing I am having a hard time with is, still, the gesture drawings. So much time is spent on them and I feel like it doesn't benefit me in any way. The longer drawings force me to take time and really study the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment